Sunday, April 1, 2012

Being Holy

"You shall Be holy as I am holy."
What is it to be like God?
There are times when I feel Him so clearly it's like lightning running through my veins. But there are other times when my blood is my own and I plod through life as though I were alone.
He calls me to share His glory. He calls me to be used to my greatest potential in those very times when I feel Him the least. In my weakest He is strong, and so I am strong.
My memory of Him must be my reality in those times of His seeming absence.
God showed me how to be like Him by becoming like me.
Christ wore flesh like mine.
He knew the absence of God.
Suspended there that day between earth and sky, He knew.
He knows it now.
"I created you to be able to be like Me. To reflect the light of My presence in the dark places you go. I know the reality you face every day. That's exactly why I call you to be like me. It's the only way you'll survive. It's the armor you need. Just because you may feel alone does not make it true."

It's Palm Sunday. He's almost there. People adore Him when they think they will get what they want from Him, but we forget that He has already become like us.
We forget He already knows what we want, as well as the truth of what we need.
It's my turn now.
I am a vessel, into which He has poured His blood, His Life.
I am His son, as He is my Father.
Even if I become so short sighted that I can't see Him in front of me I can still see well enough to follow His bloody footprints that show me where I need to go. The scary part is that when I put my foot in His footprints - they match.
This day begins the final approach to Easter. Our proof of the hope of new life.
Easter was a conscious act of God to bring all the power of Heaven to bear on my own soul and yours.
The hope of Resurrection means more now than I ever thought it could.
It's not what I feel anymore.
It's what I know.
©Dan Bode 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment