Some of us reap the benefits of our lives.
Some of us bear the
consequences.
Some of us do both.
We all have roses.
Some of us ignore the
thorns.
Some of us seek them out.
Sometimes we are so caught
up in mourning our losses
That we forget to celebrate
our blessings
Sometimes there is more
truth in our tears
That puts more life in our
laughter
Sometimes I discover there
are things I wish I did not know
All the things I was not
made to forget
All the things I do not know
I should remember
That make me who I am in
this very moment and all the ones to come
I question what I have left in
the wake of my passing
And what I begin on the
living knife edge of my life
If He called me back from
death
Which Lazarus would I be?
The one they expected – full
of rot and decay
Or the one He created – full
of life and bringing joy
I do have that choice
I often let the world make
it difficult to make the better one.
For I have discovered that I
have no need of burial clothes
That are best left behind
For the dead
©Dan Bode 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment